CPS vs. John Cooper

The Hawks’ offensive line protects against the Kinghts’ defense. (Photo by Matt Harris)

Jose Alonzo, Writer

It was a night like any other, but yet… It wasn't. Friday, September 2 nd the Cistercian Hawks took the field for their first home game of the season. You could literally feel the energy in the air. The roaring crowd and to the thudding of pads clearly indicated the type of night that was in store. The defensive line of seniors Jack Mackenzie, Daniel Losson, Joseph Watt and Nick Donohoe dominated with tackles for loss and sacks. Additionally stunning play in the secondary helped the Hawks recorded their first shutout and defensive touchdown of the season. Sophomore safety Jimmy Garda had to do little work as he caught an errant attempt by Cooper’s quarterback to throw the ball away and returned it 53 yards for the score. Offensively, the ball just seemed to keep finding its way into the end zone. Touchdowns from sophomores Harry Crutcher and Jimmy Garda, Danny Garda ('17), and Mike Garnett ('18) ensured victory in their first conference game, 35-0. Come out this Friday, September 9th and support your Hawks as they take on SPC 3A rivals Trinity Valley School at home at 7:00 PM!