Science Building Renovation Ideas

Xavi Anderhub

With the new science building renovations rapidly approaching, students seem to have some specific things in mind they’d like to see in the revamped science building. After talking with students from all different forms, I made a list of their ideas for additions to the building. However, it is doubtful many of these ideas will be part of the final plan:

(Form I) Joey F. —Better microscopes to see what different parts rocks or crystals are made up of

• The marvel of seeing the physical components that make up rocks and crystals is astounding. Joey was captured by this concept and wishes to explore further.

(Form II) Chris R.  and Parker G. —Personal Laptops to use during school hours

• Cistercian has a strict “no phone/laptop throughout the school day” policy. Chris and Parker advocate for getting a little screen time during the school day.

(Form IV) Liam M. —A virtual reality room

• Possibly the most popular new gadget of the decade, VR headsets are making major headway into people’s lives. A virtual reality room would create a fun experience for the students, while also possibly becoming a useful learning tool.

(Form V) Patrick G. —An actual nurse’s room, also for medical research

• Medicine is something that Cistercian doesn’t really touch on throughout the curriculum. With a new nurse’s room, medicinal ideas might be able to make its way to Cistercian students and attract their interest.

(Form VI) Robert L. —Better chemistry lab equipment

• Similar to Devon, Robert is fascinated with chemistry labs, and he wishes to dive into the deeper concepts of chemistry with better equipment.

(Form VII) John H. —Better bathrooms

• Since the science building is many years old, the bathrooms might be getting a little outdated. Better bathrooms are always a plus!

(Form VIII) Patrick A. —Solar panels that would power the whole building

• Solar panels are becoming more popular day by day. With a building that draws as much power as the science building does, it could be practical to use solar power and save the school money.