Spring Break

Spring+Break

Saish Satyal, Editor

Spring Break went by in a flash. After 3 months of stress and studying, everyone was ready to kick back, relax, and turn their brains off for an entire week. Unfortunately, this article won’t help Spring Break come back, but it will help you daydream about what you did over your break while your teachers try in vain to feed you knowledge after your beautiful break.

Now, the best thing to do over the break is to sleep. Some students may think that my advice is to get more than 10 hours of sleep every day to become healthy and refreshed. While that is good advice, that isn’t my advice. My advice is to basically become Sleeping Beauty. After sleeping for a week, you’ll be totally ready for the first three hours of school then you’ll probably be tired again. A great way to do this is to have a witch curse you. Just make sure in your contract that you wake up after a week. My friend did this, but he wasn’t paying much attention and got turned into a gremlin. So it obviously has its risks, but I think the experience is a great story.

Spring Break is also a great time to go do something with your family, but a lot of these things are going to need parental approval. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Spring Break is a cruise. It’s a floating hotel/resort and it’s amazing. The only part of a cruise that isn’t fun is the constant fear of death. In my defense, I was 7 and I had heard about the Titanic sinking, so I thought that was going to happen to us. I also thought that sharks could break through the hull of the ship and cause it to sink. So when I went to bed at night, all I could think about was how I was going to die. Other than that, it was a really fun experience.

Another great thing to do over the break was to go to Colorado. I went there last year and it was beautiful. I didn’t go skiing because that’s terrifying and I have common sense. I don’t want to barrel down a slippery mountain with weird sticks on my feet; that would definitely kill me. I did drive up the side of a couple of mountains and the views were absolutely breathtaking. Again, I was quite terrified because the roads were so narrow and winding. On the first mountain that my dad and I “climbed”, it had just rained, so I thought I was going to plummet to my doom. The view made up for all of the troubles that we went through during the trip though. Looking back on it, that trip had a lot of bad happen. I didn’t get to be indoors the whole time, I had really bad stomach problems for most of the time, my brother barfed in the car, and I spent a lot of time being smushed in the back seat. Oh, I also got food poisoning. I spent a lot of time on the toilet, BUTT I recovered and am still alive. Get it? No? Oh well. However, I also got to eat a really yummy donut at 14,144 feet. Overall, it was a great experience, even with the setbacks.

The ABSOLUTE best and healthiest option for this past Spring Break is to not sleep at all. Just stay up all night watching movies and stay on the couch all day playing video games. Trust me, when you tell your parents about this plan, they’ll love it. Also, the Mountain Dew and Doritos totally won’t give you heartburn. You could make a good choice and enjoy a relaxing vacation with friends and family. Hey, who am I to tell you what to do?